COURSE MANAGER VACANCY
Chester Le Street Golf Club is in the very heart of County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops, lovingly blended into the countryside surrounding Lumley Castle and meandering along the banks of the River Wear. This prestigious, mature and mainly parkland golf course at Chester-le-Street overlooks the Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground to the West, with fells and hills beyond. Mature woodland surrounds most of the Eastern boundaries.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Course Manager to join our team and work with us to raise ever higher the high standards of our golf course and lead us forward with enthusiasm, innovation and vision into the future. We are looking for someone with the drive and ambition to further improve Chester Le Street Golf Club and deliver the best possible golf experience for the club's members, guests and visitors.
Main duties / Key responsibilities:
Reporting to the golf club chair and the greens committee the successful applicant will:
- Have excellent leadership skills and be able to lead, supervise, delegate and prioritise work schedules so that the greenkeeping team remain informed, motivated and efficient
- Work collaboratively with the Golf Club Board on future plans for the golf course.
- Implement and manage effective course maintenance and improvement programmes which maximise the quality and aesthetics of the golf course
- Have knowledge of the use and maintenance of greenkeeping machinery and green keeping systems
- Have knowledge of health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment, processes, chemical and waste handling and the ability to carry out appropriate Risk Assessments where required
- Be IT literate including the upkeep of social media platforms and proficient at the production of written reports and other communications
- Be competent in the effective management of a budget set by the Board.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- · NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance
- · PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates required
- A full driving licence
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience in Golf Course maintenance.
In reward for this challenging and exciting role we will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, auto enrolment into Pension Scheme, a generous holiday entitlement, a sickness absence pay scheme and free membership of our Golf Course.
To apply candidates should send a current CV with details of their current role and a short statement outlining their vision for this role to The Secretary, Chester Le Street Golf Club, by email to [email protected]
Closing Date for applications: 31st March 2021